Saturday, November 20, 2010

So Good to be Home

For the first time I am blogging from home, good ol' New Brighton, MN. I forgot how much I missed home until I got here. Parents can still be annoying and a little overbearing but I don't blame them, they are my parents and haven't seen me since August 2nd. Well I actually saw my mom and brother in Des Moines over Labor Day weekend...whatever.

It is decidedly colder up here, and I really didn't think 8 hours would give such a big temperature difference, as its normally only about ten degrees. But tomorrow (Sunday) it is supposed to 70 in Warrensburg, and only 35 here in MN. But...I actually don't mind. The cold feels...good here. It isn't like Warrensburg. It is crisp and cool but it smells good and just makes me feel at home. I think this is one of those things that only people who are from and really love the upper mid-west can understand, and that's ok.

Something random I didn't realize I was missing...geese! I saw a few different flocks as I was driving into Minnesota yesterday and I realized I hadn't seen any down in Missouri. just a random fact that amused me.

Other random thoughts...Glee from the last two weeks. In general, I'm happy. I can definitely say that Glee feels like itself again. Though I don't love everything, I do think it is back where it needs to be. Now about Kurt's whole thing...I have mixed feelings...again. The decision to make Kurt's bullier (I don't know if that's a real world) gay and so far in the closet grandma's handcuff's (FRIENDS reference) can't even reach him to me feels a bit like a cop-out. I would much rather see the actual issues addressed between someone who is gay and someone who has probably grown up thinking homosexuality is wrong in all ways. Now I know this issue is not resolved and will be on-going for the rest of the season, which is awesome, but I'm not sure I like how they've gotten into it. Having said that, I'm glad it's this over nothing. This topic is important. I also know some interesting spoilers about the upcoming episodes, but I won't share them here. Other Glee tidbits: LOVED Gweneth Paltrow, she is amazing, ADORED Teenage Dream (though not as much as Boyce Avenue's version), Loved the choreography in Singin' In the Rain/Umbrella but am still undecided on the actual song. That's all for now on that topic.

Now lastly some sadder news. My cat Smokey, who will be turning 19 this week, is not doing so well. She is still very much there mentally, but we can tell her back end is bothering her more than ever and she has gotten extremely thin. She is having trouble keeping food down so we're hoping adjusting her diet is going to help. It's weird because she can still jump on our beds and she'll jump from my bed to my brother's bed at night, but we know she is pain. Even her meow has gotten weaker. We're trying a few different food options and I think/hope my mom is bringing her into the vet this week to see if there is something we can do. If we have to say goodbye her soon I will be very sad, as we've had her since just before I turned 4. She has always been my kitty and I know her better than anyone and she clings to me more than anyone. But, I think I will be ok once it happens. 19 is pretty old for a cat, and she has had a great life. I think I've been able to slowly let go because I've been at school the last few years, but Smokey is still my pet through and through and it will be hard to say goodbye. Hopefully she gets better and we still have some good time with her. Will keep the blogosphere updated.

That's all for tonight folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment