Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Faith Slightly Restored, For Now

I'll start this off by just stating that yes, I love The Daily Show, and it has become a main source of US news for me. I think Jon Stewart is pretty brilliant, and if I wasn't afraid of the political system killing him, I would love for him to run for office. The reason I'm starting off this way is because this is another post inspired by The Daily Show.

This one is more of a happy note. Tonight New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand was on. She has been in the Senate for 2 years and has already done more work than some Senators who have been there years and years. She has been instrumental working on the 9/11 Health Care Bill, Repealing DADT, and several others. This made me realize that despite all the attention paid to idiots in office, we do have some genuinely good people working there, and I really hope they can continue to make a difference, especially in the next two years. I was proud when Gillibrand mentioned Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar as one of the people working on Fillibuster reform, and I know there are some other people in office as well. So, I'm sure sooner rather than later I'll blog about how something in the legislature infuriates me, but for now, here's hoping to more sanity, good work, and progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment