Friday, January 7, 2011

Oooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies

So I'm on a cooking fix, deal with it. This is second time I've made these chocolate chip cookies, but this time they turned out awesome. It's a recipe from allrecipes.com, and I didn't really make any changes. For the longest time I had a problem with my cookies turning out to flat and flaky and I realized I needed to make sure I had enough flour in the cookies. These do. I'm also learning that when a recipe calls for "softened" butter it does mean "melted", and how there is a difference in how whatever is being cooked/baked turns out. Anywho, these are delicious, enjoy!

"Best Chocolate Chip Cookies" by Dora on allrecipes.com

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional, I don't like nuts in my cookies)



Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.





PS, yay for me for posting 4 days in a row!
Posted by Picasa 

No comments:

Post a Comment